Horsham Eco Churches encourage and inspire other churches on their Eco Church journey, to share ideas and find out more about caring for God’s world.
It was so good to get together with representatives from 6 HCT churches in April at Sussex Green Hub, to share information and ideas.
Who could go along from your church to join us on 28 May 2pm @ Sussex Green Hub?
HORSHAM ECO CHURCHES NEWS
Includes: Local News, Resources & Grants, Webinars & Conferences, Petitions & Campaigns.
One of the slides from a 19 minute audio-visual presentation by Horsham Eco Churches. Download the presentation and select slide show, from beginning. Hyperlinks in the slides take you to more information. You can edit the slides for use by your church.
Drop in to chat about Eco Church at Sussex Green Hub.
Registered Eco Churches
Brighton Road Baptist Church – Silver Eco Church Award
Holy Innocents Parish Church, Southwater
Holy Trinity Church, Horsham
Holy Trinity Church, Lower Beeding
Horsham United Reformed Church
London Road Methodist Church, Horsham
St. Andrew’s Methodist Church, Roffey
St. Margaret’s Church, Warnham
St. Mark’s, Holbrook – Silver Eco Church Award
St. Mary’s Church, Horsham
St. Nicolas’ Church, Itchingfield
Trafalgar Road Baptist Church, Horsham
Free Eco Church registration, survey and resources help you care for God’s earth in five key areas:
The survey takes into account whether or not your church has buildings or land. Save and update your survey at any point. Collect points and consider further actions to gain points towards a Bronze, Silver or Gold Eco Church Award. For example, switching to a green energy company or using Fairtrade tea and coffee.
Climate change can seem overwhelming but together we can do simple things to help our planet and reduce our bills.
- Why we, as Christians, must care for God’s creation.
- How our household and personal actions can make a difference.
- How the Creation Care scheme can help you better care for God’s earth.
- 360 Carbon Calculator
- Christian Aid – Climate Change Campaign
- Climate Stewards – Websites, Books & Carbon Offset
- Burning Down the House: 14-19 year olds’ views
- Church of England Webinars on Getting to Net Zero Carbon
- Fairtrade Horsham
- Operation Noah
- South East Climate Alliance
- Sussex Green Living
- Tearfund Reboot – take action on the climate crisis
- Twin Your Bin Twin Your Tap Twin Your Toilet
- Wild Christian – connecting faith, nature & climate
- WWF Environmental Footprint Calculator
JOINT STATEMENT ON CLIMATE CHANGE
For the first time, the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Anglican Communion have jointly warned of the urgency of environmental sustainability, its impact on poverty, and the importance of global cooperation.
Read the full statement here: