Horsham Eco Churches encourage and inspire other churches on their Eco Church journey, to share ideas and find out more about caring for God’s world.
Eco Church, Creation Care & Climate Sunday Information
Watch or download this audio-visual presentation by Horsham Eco Churches. (Download then select slide show, from beginning, to view the presentation.) Edit slides for use by your church.
Registered Eco Churches
Brighton Road Baptist Church – Silver Eco Church Award
Holy Innocents Parish Church, Southwater
Holy Trinity Church, Horsham
Holy Trinity Church, Lower Beeding
Horsham United Reformed Church
St. Andrew’s Methodist Church, Roffey
St. Margaret’s Church, Warnham
St. Mark’s, Holbrook – Silver Eco Church Award
St. Mary’s Church, Horsham
St. Nicolas’ Church, Itchingfield
Trafalgar Road Baptist Church, Horsham
Free Eco Church registration, survey and resources help you care for God’s earth in five key areas:
The survey takes into account whether or not your church has buildings or land. Save and update your survey at any point. Collect points and consider further actions to gain points towards a Bronze, Silver or Gold Eco Church Award. For example, switching to a green energy company or using Fairtrade tea and coffee.
Climate change can seem overwhelming but together we can do simple things to help our planet and reduce our bills.
- Why we, as Christians, must care for God’s creation.
- How our household and personal actions can make a difference.
- How the Creation Care scheme can help you better care for God’s earth.
- 360 Carbon Calculator
- Christian Aid – Climate Change Campaign
- Climate Stewards – Websites, Books & Carbon Offset
- Burning Down the House: 14-19 year olds’ views
- Church of England Webinars on Getting to Net Zero Carbon
- Fairtrade Horsham
- Operation Noah
- South East Climate Alliance
- Sussex Green Living
- Tearfund Reboot – take action on the climate crisis
- Twin Your Bin Twin Your Tap Twin Your Toilet
- Wild Christian – connecting faith, nature & climate
- WWF Environmental Footprint Calculator
JOINT STATEMENT ON CLIMATE CHANGE
For the first time, the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Anglican Communion have jointly warned of the urgency of environmental sustainability, its impact on poverty, and the importance of global cooperation.
Read the full statement here: