“GO AND DO LIKEWISE” (Luke 10:37)
The ‘Week of Prayer for Christian Unity’ takes place each year from the 18th to 25th January. It is an opportunity for Christians from local churches to come together in prayer.
Horsham Churches Together will be celebrating the week with a series of events Join us if you are able.
– Thursday 18th: Brighton Road Baptist Church (7.30pm)
– Friday 19th: Prayer Walk – Horsham Town Centre (meet at 12 noon, Carfax Bandstand)
As part of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, there will be the opportunity to take part in self-guided prayer walks around the Horsham town centre. Rev Pete Dibdin, Life Community Baptist Church, will be at the steps of the Carfax bandstand between 12:00pm and 12:20pm with printed prayer walk guides, you can get more information and download a print and mobile versions of the Guide. HERE
– Saturday 20th St Margaret’s Church, Warnham, (10am)
– Sunday 21st: HCT United Service at St Mary’s Parish Church (6pm), led by Cornerstone Methodist Church
– Monday 22nd: St John’s Broadbridge Heath (7.30pm)
– Tuesday 23rd: St Mark’s Church, Holbrook, with Horsham Eco Churches (7.30pm) Based on the Good Samaritan and loving your neighbour, “Lord, turn our churches into ‘inns’, welcoming those in need.” Tis will be an hour of worship and prayer, contemplating why we need to turn our churches into inns, and what local Christians are already doing together.
– Wednesday 24th: Trafalgar Road Baptist (12.30pm)
– Thursday 25th: United Reformed Church, Springfield Road (7.30pm)
Each year ecumenical partners in a different region are asked to prepare the materials. In 2024, the churches of Burkina Faso are inviting us to join with them in a process of self-reflection as they consider what it means to love our neighbour in the midst of a security crisis. Using the parable of the Good Samaritan the reflections explore how we find our common identity in the experience of God’s love. As well as the need to place love at the centre of the quest for peace and reconciliation.
You can download the reflection booklet from HERE
The parable of the Good Samaritan is found in Luke 10:25-37 Read the chapter and passage (NIV) and also listen and watch a dramatization on Bible.is HERE
Resources for the week can be found on the Churches Together in Britain and Ireland’s website: https://ctbi.org.uk/resources-for-week-of-prayer-for-christian-unity-2024/